BVMBA Monthly Meeting Minutes June 1, 2015
Attendance: Amy, Beth, James, Mike, Fred, Jason, Jack, Christopher, Kerry and Gina
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Grant: BVMBA was awarded $20,000 to maintain and develop additional trails at Lake Bryan (the grant had a stipulation that the land had to be open to the public, which is why the grant wasn’t written for the Millican Reserve property). A committee is needed to administer the grant. The committee will be responsible for completing quarterly reports, planning and making purchasing decisions. Mike, Fred, Gina and James have volunteered. If you are interested in being on the committee, please email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Millican Reserve has finalized the development plans so the next phase of trail building is about to begin. James will be meeting with Johnny this Thursday to determine the next phase of trails. The trail committee will be called into action once we have more details from the meeting.
- Trail status at Lake Bryan: the weather has taken a toll on the trails so we need to get out on the East Loop to start clean-up. This Thursday’s social ride at Lake Bryan will be a walkthrough of the east loop to determine what needs to be done as well as some light clean-up. Please meet at the boat dock parking lot at 6pm. Bring gloves, loppers and water. Members are encouraged to get out on the trails for trail maintenance at any time. Please report progress to the BVMBA listserv so everyone knows which areas have been tackled.
- Trail status at Millican Reserve: The bridges and water crossings need to be repaired as well as mowing and general clean-up. Our monthly trail maintenance will be at Millican Reserve this Saturday. Meet in the parking lot at 8am. Bring loppers, gloves and water. If trails can be ridden, there will be a post trail maintenance ride, so bring your bike.
- The winter time trail prizes will be conducted at the Brazos Valley Mountain Bike Festival on June 13, 2015.
- Housing plans are being finalized for the BVMBA bike trip to Colorado scheduled for September 12-20, 2015. If you are interested in participating in this trip, please see the trip flyer posted on the BVMBA website for all the details. If you have questions about the trip, please post them on the listserv.